“What is a Mobile Friendly/Responsive Website?’
Responsive Web design is an approach whereby a designer creates a Web page that “responds to” or resizes itself depending on the type of device it is being seen through. That could be an oversized desktop computer monitor, a laptop, a 10-inch tablet, a 7-inch tablet, or a 4-inch smartphone screen.
Major Google SEO update: Websites that aren’t mobile friendly set to be penalised
- Google’s mobile search update took effect on April 21.
- If you’re not mobile-friendly, you’re likely to take hit in your mobile search ranking.
- You can use Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test to check your site’s current mobile status.
- A Responsive site will pass Google’s new mobile-friendly test and will save your search ranking.
- This update won’t penalize your site in desktop searches, but making your site mobile-friendly could help improve your overall SEO ranking.